– (both yell)
– YES! – NO!
– That’s great. That’s great.
LeBron was right. ♪ (dramatic chord) ♪ – “Viciously breaks into your house.
Wanna Sprite Cranberry?” I don’t know what I’m looking at.
– Is that LeBron James? LeBron James. (laughs)
– I like that LeBron James took time out of his schedule
to appear in this. – I am a fan of soda.
If it was a diet Sprite Cranberry, I would be on board.
– I don’t know anything about this. What is this?
A commercial? A meme? – Why have I been seeing
that so much? I’ve seen a whole bunch
of Sprite Cranberry. Mostly, it’s, I guess,
Reddit comments. ♪ (“Deck the Halls” instrumental) ♪ – What? – Oh, that’s creepy.
– This is terrifying. – (man) Smile. (camera shutter whirs)
– Oh my god. – Wh-why?
– This painting in the back, it’s bleeding out of its eyes. – Oh, this is getting dark.
– Ahh. – OH! Look at that!
Pixar, eat your heart out. – This makes me so
viscerally uncomfortable. – Epic present. – That is an epic present.
I’ll give him that. It’s a drone. (drone buzzing) (loud thud) – (laughs) (loud thud)
– What in the… – Oh, this is a dark holiday video.
– I wonder what the script for this looks like. (chuckles)
– What is this? – (man) Want a Sprite Cranberry? – (laughs)
– (man) Oh, everyone is dead. – That says “Sprint,”
I’m pretty sure. – (laughs)
– (both scream) – YES!
– NO! – Ew. What is it? (laughs)
– Ew. (chuckles) – (man) It’s the thirstiest
time of the year. And boy, am I thirsty.
– What the hell does this have to do with Sprite? (laughs)
– I don’t know. God, I’m thirsty
for a Sprite Cranberry. – (laughs) Yeah.
Dang. – Guys? Is everybody okay?
– I feel so old right now. I don’t even know
what I just watched. – Someone’s got a lot of talent,
and they’ll do great things. Until that moment,
they’ll do this. – You got Frosty the Snowman.
You got Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. – Hmm.
– You got LeBron James’ Sprite Cranberry. This is it.
A new holiday classic was born this day.
– (laughs) – Okay. This is
familiar territory for me. – (woman) What is it?
– Exactly what I’m thinking. – Oh, no.
It’s LeBron again. I know it. – (woman) What the hell?
– I don’t know either, man. – (laughs) He’s popping out
of the Thanos portal. – Oh, please.
That’s gonna be– that’s gonna be– (laughs)
– (LeBron) Want a Sprite Cranberry? – (claps) YES! – (LeBron) Want a Sprite Cranberry?
– (giggles) – What?!
– (chuckles) – Ohh. That came out of nowhere.
– It’s bordering on that it’s so annoying to me
that it’s now starting to come back around
and almost be funny. But it hasn’t quite
hit that line yet. – So, what does this all mean?
Give me another one. Come on.
I know there’s more. – ♪ Yeah ♪
– Surgery on a grape. – OH, they did surgery on a grape
and revealed Sprite Cranberry. – Ohhh, this is the commercial.
– Yo, this is the actual commercial. That’s what they were
making fun of. – Operation on the grape. They did surgery on a grape.
– Ohhh. That was a grape.
– Yeah. – (voice-over) They did
surgery on a grape. – Yeah, see?
– Wow. – I’m hip with the memes.
– ♪ The thirst– thirstiest time of the year ♪
– (chuckles) It’s the thirstiest time of the year.
– Dude, I am not with the times or the kids. I don’t know
what we’re watching anymore. I’m so confused.
– I’m so confused. I really don’t understand
what’s going on. – It’s gonna be stuck
in my head all day. – ♪ It’s the thirstiest
time of the year ♪ – (laughs) I’m the worst person
you could have for these, ’cause I was like, “So,
the internet’s stupid? I’ve been there for 14 years.
I am aware.” – ♪ I have just one query ♪
♪ What’s that? ♪ ♪ Want a Sprite Cranberry? ♪
♪ Uh-huh ♪ ♪ The answer… ♪
♪ Want a Sprite Cranberry? ♪ – (snickers)
Oh my god. – (both laugh) – Yo.
– Is that the Pope? – (laughs) – So many different memes combined.
– Wow. – Wow! Oh, man, and they drink it
in Fortnite, too?! – Wowww.
– Makes me wanna floss. – They feel like someone tried
too hard to make something weird. – Right. That it was
a normal ad that people were like– – Yeah. They’re like, “How do we make this weirder?”
– That was kinda beautiful. – Yeah.
– There’s something very artistic about that.
– They’re great. They’re really creative.
They’re really– it’s multiple memes. It’s layers of meme.
Wow. That’s impressive. – Sprite Cranberry, Mark Zuckerberg,
Fortnite, religion. (kaboom!)
That’s Christmas. – (Squidward) Hmm.
– Yes! – Oh, Squidward.
– (Squidward gasps) Wow! They have it!
– ♪ It’s the… ♪ – (both laugh)
– (Squidward) They have it. – OHH! They have it!
– (laughs) – Just so you know,
I’m slowly dying inside. – That’s a classic.
You can insert anything there. – See, you never know what will
turn into a meme nowadays, you know? – “The answer is clear.
#Sprite #SpriteCranberry #meme.” Okay, this one I get
a little bit more. – Ohh, I see.
– Ahh. – Mm-hmm.
– Drake is saying no to Coca-Cola.
– I do prefer Sprite to Coke. – Me as well! I truly do.
– Mm-hmm. – He’s like, “No.”
And then he’s like, “Yeah.” No, Coke and Pepsi.
Hello, Sprite. – Wow, this is a lot
of passion behind cranberry. – This is starting to work,
by the way. We might buy
some Sprite Cranberry on the way home.
– Oh, I’m all aboard! – “Sometimes when I orgasm,
I moan your name and just pretend
I’m on your [bleep].” – “Okay, that’s cool and all,
but do you wanna Sprite Cranberry?” – (chuckles) “What the [bleep]
is wrong with you?” – (laughs)
– I love that. – Who would send this?
No! – What do you mean
“What the [bleep] is wrong with you?” This person’s a keeper.
– (laughs) – The only thing I connect with
is the last part. “What the [bleep] is wrong with you?”
I’m saying that to the people making these,
people that are appreciating these. – (FBE) We’re gonna show you
the origin of all these in a second, but those were all
Sprite Cranberry memes. As you can imagine, these all
came from a commercial for… – Sprite Cranberry?
– Sprite Cranberry. – Sprite Cranberry!
– Sprite Cranberry! ♪ The answer is clear ♪
(laughs) – (FBE) So, we have that
to show you now. – Okay. I can’t wait to see this.
– ♪ Yeah ♪ ♪ Ay ♪
♪ It’s the thirst– thirstiest time of the year ♪
– Oh, that’s why there was a drone. – Ahh.
– Oh, I get it now. – Yeah.
– The drone. – Oh, yeah.
– Okay, everything’s making sense. – ♪ Want a Sprite Cranberry? ♪
– Oh! That’s cute. – ♪ It’s the thirst– thirstiest… ♪
– ♪ (hums along) ♪ – (LeBron) Sprite, let’s go!
– Aw, that was cute. – I like it. It’s good. Would’ve not
plucked a meme out of that, but boy, do I want
a Sprite Cranberry. – The commercial’s cool. It’s fun.
It’s kind of cutesy. The rest… why?
– It had meme potential. I mean, the animation was cute.
The song was kind of peculiar. – It’s very catchy.
It’s very corny. And I like the remix.
It’s cute. – (FBE) So actually,
this commercial was released in mid-November of 2017…
– What?! – I missed it somehow.
– (FBE) …but did not actually start taking off as a meme
until this year. – Woww. I feel
like everything’s come back: the ’90s, high-waisted pants,
LeBron James cranberry commercials. It’s all coming back.
– (FBE) Why do you think that things start to go viral all
of a sudden even though it’s months or even years after the release
of its origin? – I think it’s like
a fine wine, you know? You age meat.
You age wine. You age meme videos. – God, maybe you have to
creatively marinate on it. – Yeah. Maybe it…
– You have to think about it. – …took people some time to be
like, “What should we do with this?” – It’s based off of who
can keep tweaking and also just the general
snowball effect, right? If something gets attention,
then people often think, “I can do it better,”
and often, they’re correct or they have
a different viewpoint on it, and it can kind of snowball into this great thing.
– It’s the first thing I realized with this stuff
is don’t think. Sometimes things are.
Sometimes things will be. Sometimes things happen,
and it doesn’t ever mean that there’s a good reason behind it.
So, don’t think. ♪ (soft harp music) ♪ – (FBE) Well, the meme itself
has developed a few different angles to it,
some who included that LeBron broke into the house
to offer people Sprite Cranberry. And there’s even
a whole subreddit dedicated to
Sprite Cranberry fanfiction. – Sprite fanfiction?
– Could you read me one? – “LeBron James breaks
into your house with an icy cold beverage
just for you.” – So, are you telling me
that this needs to become a film theory episode?
Like, (dramatic) “Did LeBron James actually break in and enter
in the Sprite Cranberry meme?” Welcome to the future of
online content, ladies and gentlemen. – (FBE) What do you think about
how once a meme spreads like this, sometimes it doesn’t just spread,
but develops its own lore in a way? – Ah, I love it.
I feel like everyone creates their own version
of the meme. – It almost helps you
understand it more, seeing it in different scenarios.
– Yeah, for sure. – Yeah.
– Understand the meme and what everyone’s kinda going for
as far as the punchline and the joke. – I love when memes develop
and then they turn into their own story
and have their own backstory and just go on their own path.
– It’s great when it’s a joke that is the kind of joke
that could only be made by hundreds of people
from around the world who are all super bored
and just looking to have a goofy time. – Mm-hmm.
– It’s nice. – It’s like crowdsourcing a joke.
– Yeah. – You just keep making it
better and better until there’s
that one ultimate one. – This is the greatest thing
that a brand can expect to have, because now you have
all these ambassadors of your brand who are partially joking
and partaking in meme culture, but some pleb normie
might look at this, unaware of the whole meme universe,
and just be like, “Oh, Sprite Cranberry is that good?
I shall purchase some.” – It’s fascinating to see everyone
appreciate and put their spin on memes, which is why
memes are so successful nowadays. It’s a shared language,
but also a language that you’re able to put your own artistic spin on.
– It starts in one place and then trickles down
into everything else. And that meme will be referenced
in a meme created in 2020. It got me in the mood to go buy a Sprite Cranberry,
like this one. Do you guys actually have it?
Can I try it? – (FBE) Well, finally…
– Yes. – (FBE) Want a Sprite Cranberry?
– (gasps) Yes! (claps) Yes!
Thank you. – Yeah, yeah, yeah,
you have it! Yes! (softly) Thank you.
(slurps) A little overrated.
But that’s okay. Me too. – Here it goes.
Yeah. That… the name really…
says it all. – That’s great. That’s great.
LeBron was right. – That’s really good.
The hype is right. – It almost tastes
like a cookie? It’s too sweet.
– Yeah, this is not for me. – (laughs)
– (chuckles) – It’s like if you were
washing a dish that you had spilled cranberries on,
but you didn’t finish it and you left some
of the soap on there and there carbonated it.
– It’s a little soapy. – It’s not good.
– Mm. Mm-hmm. – Yeah? Mm-hmm?
– Yeah. Is LeBron right?
– It’s thirst quenching. – (sighs) Whoa. Wow. It really is the most
thirstiest time of the year. – Thanks so much for watching
YouTubers React. – Make sure to check out
all of the YouTubers in this episode. Links in the description. – Bye!
– Goodbye, everybody. – Hey, guys. Ethan here from FBE.
A big thank you to all of the awesome creators who came in
and shot this episode with us. Be sure to show your support
for their channels by clicking the links
in the description below, because if you don’t,
you don’t get a Sprite Cranberry.